Internationally Recognized Surgeons for Your Pets
Does it matter where you have your pet’s surgery performed? The answer is yes, indeed.
When a serious or complicated condition requires advanced surgical expertise, you can feel confident that your pet is in excellent hands at Guardian Veterinary Specialists. Our board-certified veterinary surgeons have extensive experience that produces consistently positive outcomes for our patients.
We offer a full range of veterinary surgical services, from the most routine procedures to some of the most complex. For your convenience and your pet’s optimal health, these services are available on an elective (scheduled) as well as a 24/7 emergency basis.
We’re dedicated to high-quality patient care, education, basic science, and clinical research. Our board-certified attending surgeons are internationally recognized as leaders in their fields. Their clinical, educational, and scientific backgrounds are devoted to providing the best possible patient care and the generation of new knowledge.
By combining the skills of our world-class surgeons with the latest surgical equipment and the most advanced operating rooms in the nation, we’re able to provide some of the very best medical care available today. Innovations like minimally invasive surgery enable us to limit pain, promote faster recovery, potentially improve surgical outcomes, and enable your pet to return home sooner.
And our specialized surgical wing provides a modern, well-equipped setting for top-notch care.
Our high-tech features include:
- Two large integrated surgery suites
- Multiple monitors, cameras, and special magnification allow surgeons to work on small areas
- Ergonomics for patient and surgeon; everything is at our fingertips and within arm’s reach
- Lighting from the ceiling increases safety
- Smart lights have cameras to record operations for teaching
- Contrast lighting makes images pop on the monitor
- Surgery proceedings are broadcast outside the room for teaching, increasing safety
- Ambient colors soothe patients
It’s also important to know that our surgeons have advanced training in the latest minimally invasive techniques, which result in smaller incisions, less blood loss, and a faster recovery for your pet. And we use today’s most effective pain management techniques to keep your pet comfortable during and after surgery.
If your pet needs to stay in the hospital after surgery, we’re staffed around the clock by expert doctors and veterinary technicians—and you’re welcome to visit by calling ahead and scheduling an appropriate time with the patient’s best interest in mind.
Veterinary Surgical Procedures
Patients visit Guardian Veterinary Specialists from the NY Region and across the country for our surgical excellence.
We provide the highest level of surgical care in:
- Complex Orthopedic Surgery
- Advanced Soft Tissue Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
Surgery can be the right treatment option for a broad range of conditions in both cats and dogs. Some of the major areas in which our surgeons have particular expertise are:
- Head and neck
- Hepatobiliary (liver and gallbladder)
- Oncologic (cancer)
- Thoracic/cardiopulmonary (heart and lung)
Committed to Superior Patient Care
From minor to complex surgical procedures, Dr. Jeffrey J. Runge & Dr. Robert Hart are committed to matching each pet with proper surgical treatment.
Our experience with, and knowledge of, the latest surgical advances enable us to provide your pet with the best possible care. We truly strive to improve your pet’s quality of life.
We work closely with your family veterinarian—and you
Because your family veterinarian is a key member of your pet’s care team, we keep your primary care practice involved and informed throughout your pet’s hospitalization and recovery.
We also realize that having your pet undergo surgery can be stressful. That’s why:
- We’ll explain your pet’s procedure to you upfront, step by step, so you fully understand what to expect
- We’ll call or text you with an update as soon as your pet is out of the operating room and in recovery
- You can visit your hospitalized pet
To schedule a free initial consultation
We’re so passionate about ensuring that pets receive optimal care—and that pet parents understand the treatment options available to them—that we offer free initial consultations. To schedule yours, simply call (914) 704-3400