All treatments, studies and clinical trials are conducted at Guardian Veterinary Specialists by Joseph Impellizeri, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology), MRCVS.
Dr. Impellizeri lectures frequently all over the globe on cutting-edge cancer treatment topics.
He is continually involved in research and clinical trials to better the lives of his patients and is the main study contact for these trials:
- Treating brain cancer in dogs with surgery and photodynamic therapy. “Intraoperative photodynamic therapy in canines with spontaneous gliomas.” A collaborative effort with our Oncology and Neurology Services to benefit both the animal and human side of medicine. Available only at our facility. Study AAHSD004970. For more information click here.
- Evaluating a targeted Telomerase vaccine to stimulate anti-tumor immunity and prolong survival times in dogs and cats with various cancers, including canine lymphoma. Available only at our facility. Study AAHSD000080. For workshop proceedings click here. Telomerase Vaccine Slide. Telomerase Poster.
- Evaluating a targeted her2/neu cancer vaccine for the stimulation of anti-tumor immunity and prolonging survival times in dogs with osteosarcoma (bone cancer). Study AAHSD000081
- Endoscopic/Laparoscopic Treatment of Inoperable Cancer With a Targeted Endoscopic Electroporation System (EES)-Now available in the United States. Study AAHSD000083
- Evaluating a targeted her2/neu cancer vaccine for the stimulation of anti-tumor immunity and prolonging survival times in dogs with transitional cell carcinoma (bladder or prostate cancer). Study AAHSD000085
- Evaluating a targeted Telomerase vaccine in combination with a HER2 vaccine to stimulate anti-tumor immunity and prolong survival times in dogs and cats with osteosarcoma, mammary cancer, and transitional cell carcinoma. Study AAHSD004260
- Evaluating electrochemotherapy (ECT) to treat urethral cancer, enabling treatment to an area not previously accessible, and opening an opportunity never available before. Available only at our facility. Study AAHSD004909. For more on this trial click here.
For more information contact Dr. Impellizeri at (914) 704-3400 or visit