Dr. Jeffrey Runge joined Guardian Veterinary Specialists in January of 2019 and since that time he has maintained his ability to produce and publish new scientific research for the veterinary profession whilst maintaining a busy clinical caseload!
Below are four peer-reviewed scientific publications from the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, and the Journal of Veterinary Surgery (with links to abstracts) published this year alone!
The chylothorax publication was written in collaboration with leading human surgeons on a technique that Dr. Runge developed using near-Infrared imaging for mapping of the lymphatic system.
Please enjoy the listings and links to abstract summaries below:
1. Hybrid single-port laparoscopic cisterna chyli ablation for the adjunct treatment of chylothorax disease in dogs.
Morris KP, Singh A, Holt DE, Stefanovski D, Singhal S, Bosco J, Capps M, McCallum M, Runge JJ.
Veterinary Surgery. 2019 Jun;48(S1):O121-O129
2. Optimization of surgical approach for thoracoscopic-assisted pulmonary surgery in dogs.
Singh A, Scott J, Case JB, Mayhew PD, Runge JJ.
Veterinary Surgery. 2019 Jun;48(S1):O99-O104
3. Perioperative morbidity and mortality in dogs with invasive adrenal neoplasms treated by adrenalectomy and cavotomy.
Mayhew PD, Boston SE, Zwingenberger AL, Giuffrida MA, Runge JJ, Holt DE, Raleigh JS, Singh A, Culp WTN, Case JB, Steffey MA, Balsa IM.
Veterinary Surgery. 2019 Jul;48(5):742-750.
4. Evaluation of minimally invasive small intestinal exploration and targeted abdominal organ biopsy with the use of a wound retraction device in dogs: 27 cases (2010-2017).
Shamir SK, Singh A, Mayhew PD, Runge JJ, Case JB, Steffey MA, Balsa IM, Culp WTN,
Giuffrida MA, Kilkenny JJ, Zur Linden A.
Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2019 Jul 1;255(1):78-84
5. Determination of optimal location for thoracoscopic-assisted pulmonary surgery for lung lobectomy in cats
Jacqueline E Scott, Ameet Singh, J Brad Case, Philipp D Mayhew, Jeffrey J Runge
American Journal of Veterinary Research 2019 Nov;80(11):1050-1054. doi: 10.2460/ajvr.80.11.1050.
6. Single-Port Laparoscopic Treatment and Outcome of Dogs with Ovarian Remnant Syndrome: 13 Cases (2010-2018)
Aaron Percival, Ameet Singh, Cathy Gartley, Ingrid Balsa, J Brad Case, Philipp D Mayhew, Michelle Oblak, Brigitte A Brisson, Jeffrey J Runge, Alexander Valverde, R Alex Zur Linden, Matthieu Gatineau
Journal of American Animal Hospital Association Mar/Apr 2020;56(2):114-119. doi: 10.5326/JAAHA-MS-6923. Epub 2020 Jan 21.
7. A survey of criteria used to evaluate applications for small animal surgery residency positions
Jeremy T Fleming, Michelle A Giuffrida, William T N Culp, Jeffrey J Runge
Veterinary Surgery 2020 Apr;49(3):540-549. doi: 10.1111/vsu.13345. Epub 2019 Nov 21.
8. Paramedian incisional complications after prophylactic laparoscopy-assisted gastropexy in 411 dogs
Jessica K Baron, Sue A Casale, Eric Monnet, Philipp D Mayhew , Jeffrey J Runge, Christelle M Follette, Kevin Phipps, Margaret E Powell, Alicja I Reczynska, Nathan T Squire, Bruce A Barton, John Berg
Veterinary Surgery 2020 Jun;49 Suppl 1:O148-O155. doi: 10.1111/vsu.13348. Epub 2019 Dec 8
9. Retrospective multicentric study comparing durations of surgery and anesthesia and likelihoods of short- and long-term complications between cats positioned in sternal or dorsal recumbency for perineal urethrostomy
Alicia K Nye, Jill K Luther, F A Mann, Kelley Thieman Mankin, Heidi Phillips, Kelsey J Goode, Pamela Schwartz, Nathan T Squire, Jeffrey J Runge, Elizabeth A Swanson, Danielle R Dugat
Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2020 Jul 15;257(2):176-182. doi: 10.2460/javma.257.2.176.