We’re Always Here to Help Pets
In a medical emergency, it’s important to know that we’re here for you and your cat, dog and other pets 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our fully equipped animal hospital is staffed around the clock by highly trained and experienced emergency veterinarians and veterinary technicians. And we have onsite imaging and lab services for fast, accurate diagnosis.
No appointment is ever necessary for emergency care—just come into our hospital at 4 Hardscrabble Heights in Brewster, New York, at any time, day or night. If possible, give us a call to let us know you’re on your way.
Please Remember to:
When Is It A Pet Emergency?
Despite Our Best Intentions, Emergencies Can Still Occur.
It’s crucial to be prepared in two important ways:
- Keep a pet first-aid kit in your home and car
- Have your pet’s medical history easily available (stored on your phone, for example) if you have to bring your pet to the hospital
How to Prevent a Pet Emergency
There are simple, commonsense steps we can take to prevent many pet emergencies:
- Never leave your pet in the car alone—accidents and heat stroke can happen!
- Make sure your home and yard are secure so pets can’t run away and get into trouble
- Pet-proof your home by keeping medications, cleaners, cosmetics, and chemicals secured and out of reach
- Keep your pet away from the pool or hot tub when it’s unattended
- In public, keep your pet leashed and under your control at all times
Substances that are toxic to your pets:
Certain substances are toxic to pets, so never give them to your pet or leave them where your pet could ingest them.
Ways to prevent poison/toxicity in pets:
- Keep clothes, toys or any objects that pets are tempted to eat out of reach because consumption can cause intestinal blockages
- Fumes from oven cleaners or cooking with Teflon pans can kill pet birds